Subject: [Stratego] Software Transformation Systems Workshop at GPCE (Vancouver, Oct. 2004)
From: [email-masked] (Eelco Visser)
Date: 12 May 04 12:26:21 GMT

Call for contributions

Software Transformation Systems Workshop at GPCE (Vancouver, Oct. 2004)

The software transformation systems workshop (STSW04), October 25th 2004
in Vancouver, Canada, will be held as part of the Generative Programming and
Component Engineering (GPCE'04) conference.

The idea for the workshop is that (most) generative techniques transform
components/patterns/codefragments in some way or another to generate a
component/program. A focus on software transformation systems as
meta-tools in this area may be fruitful.

The workshop seeks to bring together people working on various
generative techniques and people working with software transformation
systems for a full day of discussion. The workshop will start with short
presentations of the background of the participants. Then pointed
presentations of the various generative techniques, followed up with
discussions on how software transformation systems may aid in supporting
the techniques, possibly discovering common principles which may easily
be supported by general purpose transformation tools. If the discussions
converge, a small collection of joint papers may be written as a result
of the workshop.

Selection to the workshop is based on short, max 2 page position papers
which must be submitted to [email-masked] by July 1st, 2004.
For more information see the GPCE04 and STSW04 wep-pages at
http://gpce04.gpce.org
http://www.program-transformation.org/Gpce/STS

Workshop organisers:
Magne Haveraaen, http://www.ii.uib.no/~magne/
Jim Cordy, http://www.cs.queensu.ca/~cordy/
Jan Heering, http://www.cwi.nl/~jan/
Ganesh Sittampalam, http://web.comlab.ox.ac.uk/oucl/work/ganesh.sittampalam/

-- 

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eelco Visser            Institute of Information and Computing Sciences
mail:[email-masked]    Universiteit Utrecht
  or:[email-masked]     P.O. Box 80089, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands
http://www.cs.uu.nl/~visser/ Phone: +31-30-253 4592 Fax: +31-30-251 3791
------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
stratego mailing list
[email-masked]
https://mail.cs.uu.nl/mailman/listinfo/stratego