Subject: Stratego/CodeBoost meeting spring 2004
From: Eelco Visser <[email-masked]>
To: Jan Heering <[email-masked]>, Akim Demaille <[email-masked]>, Henk Schepers <[email-masked]>, Rob Vermaas <[email-masked]>, Karina Olmos <[email-masked]>, Oege De Moor <[email-masked]>, Merijn de Jonge <[email-masked]>, "Henk A. van der Vorst" <[email-masked]>, Robert Anisko <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Magne Haveraaen <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], Otto Skrove Bagge <[email-masked]>, Richard Kieburtz <[email-masked]>, Patricia Johann <
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:53:04 +0100

Hi,

Over the past months there has been some correspondence between the
CodeBoost group in Bergen and StrategoDev in Utrecht about a joint
meeting about the (joint) future of CodeBoost and Stratego.

I have proposed to combine this meeting with the anual Stratego Users
Day, since that would bring more people interested in the same things
together. 

Since there has been no decision about a date or a location, I propose
the following:

To hold a three day meeting in Week 10 of 2004 at Utrecht University.
That is March 1 to 5. So the meeting could either be from Monday March 1
to Wednesday 3, or from Wednesday 3 to Friday 5.

The meeting should have a workshop format with talks, but also plenty
of space for discussions, and maybe code inspections and demonstrations.
It will probably also be useful to have time to meet individually.

Topics for the meeting might include

  - Ongoing developments in Stratego/XT
  - Plans and requirements for the future
  - Transformation systems for C/C++
  - CodeBoost design meeting
  - Specification of (data-flow) optimizations in Stratego
  - Benchmarking transformations and transformed programs
  - ...

Since there are quite a few people with an interest in transformation
of C/C++, the meeting would also aim at bringing them together, and
possibly joining efforts.

I have sent this message to people who I think might be interested in
such a meeting. I would like to hear from all of you whether you would
indeed be interested, would like to make a contribution (talk,
demonstration, ...), and would be able to attend the meeting. (In case
the dates proposed above do not suit you, you might suggest dates more
appropriate for you.)

cheers,

-- Eelco

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eelco Visser            Institute of Information and Computing Sciences
mail:[email-masked]    Universiteit Utrecht
  or:[email-masked]     P.O. Box 80089, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands
http://www.cs.uu.nl/~visser/ Phone: +31-30-253 4592 Fax: +31-30-251 3791
------------------------------------------------------------------------