Subject: Re: Dynamic rules paper
From: Eelco Visser <[email-masked]>
To: Akim Demaille <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:26:27 +0200

Hi Akim,

> Congratulations for your growing family!  Best wishes.

Thanks.

>  > We have been working on a refactoring of the design of dynamic rules in
>  > Stratego and written a paper about it, which I have attached. It is not
>  > yet available publicly, but you're welcome to distribute it locally at
>  > Epita. We would be interested to hear your comments. 
> 
> Thanks a lot!  I can't tell when I have time to read it, but it's
> scheduled for the near future.  I'm pushing it to the Transformers
> group.

Ok. There is no hurry, but we are interested in feedback on the paper in
particular, but also on the use of dynamic rules in general. For
instance: Are there transformations you cannot model using the current
set of abstractions? Is learning to use dynamic rules a problem? Is it
clear how to apply them in other types of transformations than described
in the Stratego literature? etc.

cheers,

-- Eelco 

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eelco Visser            Institute of Information and Computing Sciences
mail:[email-masked]    Universiteit Utrecht
  or:[email-masked]     P.O. Box 80089, 3508 TB Utrecht, The Netherlands
http://www.cs.uu.nl/~visser/ Phone: +31-30-253 4592 Fax: +31-30-251 3791
------------------------------------------------------------------------