Subject: CTAN has a new package: QCM
From: Jim Hefferon <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:23:17 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.text.tex
List-Id: CTAN Announcements <ctan-ann.dante.de>

A new package has been installed on tug.ctan.org and I expect that it has
already arrived at your favorite mirror.

Thanks for the upload,
Jim Hefferon

======================================================================

The following information was provided by the package's contributor.

Name of contribution: QCM
Author's name: Didier Verna
Location on CTAN: macros/latex/contrib/qcm
Summary description: A LaTeX2e class for making multiple choices questionnaires
License type: lppl

Announcement text given by the package's contributor:
- - ----------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the first public release of QCM.

This package provides you with a document class for making multiple choices
questionnaires ("QCM" is the corresponding French acronym) under LaTeXe. A
special environment allows you to define questions and possible answers that
you can specify as correct or wrong. QCM not only formats the questions for
you, but also generates a "form" (a grid that your students will have to fill
in), and a "mask" (the same grid, already filled in properly). You can then
print the mask on a slide and correct the questionnaires more easily by
superimposing the mask on top of students' forms. QCM also comes with support
for AUC-TeX.
- - ----------------------------------------------------------------------

You can have a look at the package at
  http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/qcm
although you may get a better network connection by visiting a mirror 
of CTAN that is near to you; see 
  http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/README.mirrors